May 24, 2014

I can’t believe my sweet Boone is nearly six weeks old, and he has yet to make his debut on the ol blog. Sorry, kiddo.

Charles Boone is his name… Charles is both on Jordan’s side of the family, and mine as well. AND it’s the name of the river we’ve lived right by for the past two years. But people here say “chaaaals,” and that is SO not how you say that name. Anyhow, we call him Boone (or Charlie Boone, or Boonie boy as Cooper likes to say).

Here’s a brief rundown of how he made his entrance into the world.

My mom had been in town for a week, and we had all been waiting for this little guy. Walking, climbing stairs, praying… Then I had a doctor’s appointment Monday morning to make a game plan, because my OB didn’t want me going past 41 weeks. I told him my mom was leaving town Thursday, so I basically needed to have a baby like now, so she could keep Cooper while we were at the hospital. I may or may not have been talking to my doctor with big hormonal pregnancy tears coming down my face… Haha ohh goodness. The soonest they could schedule me for an induction was Tuesday night, but I was at a three at this point and I was determined he was going to come earlier. We got home, I climbed 10 flights of stairs for funsies, and whuddaya know… I started having contractions around 6 p.m.

We went into the hospital around 8:30 and my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. We were in triage when they told us, “yeah, so you’re going to have a baby tonight, buuuut there aren’t any open labor and delivery rooms right now.” Re-hee-heeally? Well, for some reason I was having high blood pressure readings, and that bumped us up into the next available room. (My blood pressure went down after I had Boone, so it wasn’t anything serious).

After we got settled into our new room, it was kind of a whirlwind from there on out. I wasn’t able to get the epidural right away because we were waiting on blood test results to come back, and boy was I ready for that epidural :) While I was getting my epidural my water broke, and 20 minutes and two pushes later, Boone was here! Born at 10:50 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long.

Boone is amazing. I already can’t imagine our family without him and I’m already so sad he’s not considered a newborn anymore. Time just moves way too quickly!

Cooper is so sweet to Boone and I catch him telling him, “hey boonie boy, your my buddy” all the time. He sings to him, pets him (yes Cooper says ‘may I pet his fur?’ haha! yes buddy, you can touch his hair), and he knows Boone hates the carseat, so when we get in the car, Coop is quick to say, “don’t worry. we about to go. it’s okay.” Ahhh so sweet. I know it’s only the beginning of these sweet brother memories. And I know we’ll have plenty of not sweet brother memories, but we can hold off on that for a while :)

We all know that pictures say it best, so brace yourselves for some pictures of Boone’s first week.


This was when Cooper first met Boone. He was so giddy about it, and it only took a few minutes before he wanted to show him his excavator.


My mom was such a huge help. It was so nice knowing that Cooper was safe at home and making fun memories with Mimi while we were in the hospital.


Some of our sweet friends meeting Boone for the first time.


Jordan’s mom came to Boston a week after Boone was born. Selena is who you want around after you have a baby! She was always either helping me with something, loving on Boone, or playing with Cooper. A BIG thanks to both of our mommas for loving us so well and sacrificing time to come to Boston to help!


Julia posted the following on May 30, 2014 at 12:16 am.

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t WAIT to meet him!

Leave a reply